Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   FixedVancouver Forums > Main Category > Rides
Reload this Page velodrome roof collapse

Closed Thread

bran_don

velodrome roof collapse
Old 12-28-2008, 08:20 PM   #1  

hi.

in case anyone planning on heading to the track who isn't on the BVC mail list and received my message, don't bother. due to a combination of heavy wet snow on the roof and a power outage that shut down the air pumps that typically keep it inflated and warm the roof fell down. from what i understand, the damage is fairly minor and the same crew that repaired bc place is on the job now. they will hopefully have it patched up and re-inflated soon but the open track times on monday and tuesday are cancelled.

i'll post here with an update when i have more information.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #2  

No! This is bad news. Best of luck getting stuff set back up!
After your first day of cycling, one dream is inevitable. A memory of motion lingers in the muscles of your legs, and round and round they seem to go. You ride through Dreamland on wonderful dream bicycles that change and grow.
- H.G. Wells, The Wheels of Chance

borkd.net - deliciously mundane
On Your Left

Old 12-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #3  

Wow, thats kinda interesting. But also bad new$ for the drome I'd guess. insurance cover that maybe?

Was it the increased air pressure inside the drome that stopped the pumps or did some vent get covered?

Old 12-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #4  

there was a power outage and the pumps stopped doing their pumpin' thing. couple this with a buttload of weight from snow on the roof and it was game over.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:02 AM   #5  

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!! !PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!! !!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!! !!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!! !!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!! !!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!! !!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!! !!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES! !!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES !!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURE S!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTUR ES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTU RES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICT URES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PIC TURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PI CTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!P ICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!! PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!! !PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!! !!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!! !!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!! !!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!! !!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!! !!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!! !!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES! !!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES !!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURE S!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTUR ES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTU RES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICT URES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PIC TURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PI CTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!P ICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!! PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!! !PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!! !!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!PICTURES!!!!!!!!!
deltaentropy

Old 12-29-2008, 01:27 AM   #6  

Its a tragedy.
bran_don

Old 12-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #7  

not quite...just a loss in pressure. i'm going to try to head out there today to survey the situation. i don't think anything was destroyed...it's just hard to ride with such a low ceiling.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #8  

Bad news, for sure.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #9  

Care of Stuart

Last edited by Seb; 12-29-2008 at 01:26 PM.
weazy

Old 12-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #10  

TOTAL BUMMER!
Closed Thread